Abu Dhabi Startups Using AI for Digital Supply Chains
by Noel Oduory
Supply chain management is a complex and challenging task that involves coordinating the flow of goods and services from the source to the customer. Supply chain managers must balance the trade-offs between cost, quality, speed, and sustainability while dealing with uncertainties and disruptions.
Traditional supply chains depend on the linear progression of goods and services from sourcing raw materials to manufacturing, distribution, and to the point of sale. Each step in the traditional supply chain relies on the step before it, and the delays at one point can create costly delays in another. On the other hand, digital supply chains leverage digital technologies and data analytics to enhance the visibility, efficiency, and resilience of supply chain operations. They use data generated by every step to plan and provide dynamic responses effectively. Artificial intelligence (AI) is one of the key enablers of the digital supply chain.
Abu Dhabi is one of the leading cities in the Middle East that is embracing digital transformation, the city has launched several initiatives and programs to foster the development and adoption of AI and digital technologies, such as the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, Gov Digital, and the Mohammed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence’s (MBZUAI) Campus projects. We explore startups in the city that are innovating the digital supply chain using AI:
- Distichain: A platform that connects buyers and sellers in the global trade industry, using AI and blockchain technology. The platform automates the trade process and provides secure and smart contracts, reducing the cost, time, and risk of international trade transactions.
- Omniful: A last-mile delivery service that uses electric bikes and scooters to deliver goods within the city. The service uses AI to optimise the delivery routes and schedules, and provides real-time tracking and notifications to the customers and merchants.
- Designhubz: A platform that enables e-commerce retailers to create and sell 3D and augmented reality models of their products, using AI and computer vision. The platform enhances the online shopping experience and increases conversions and customer satisfaction, by allowing the customers to try on and interact with the products virtually.
Abu Dhabi’s embrace of digital transformation is evident in its commitment to fostering the development and adoption of AI and digital technologies. These companies showcase how AI acts as a pivotal enabler, providing solutions that enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and mitigate risks in the complex realm of supply chain management. As Abu Dhabi continues to position itself as a hub for technological innovation, these AI-driven startups exemplify the city’s commitment to reshaping traditional industries and propelling them into the future.
Get innovation insights from The FutureList weekly. Subscribe to our newsletter here.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Climate Tech
- Data Infrastructure
- Innovation Scout Program
- Machine Learning
- Space Aviation
- Supply Chain
- Venture Capital
- Women In Tech
- The Essential Startup Branding Guide: Building a Strong Foundation for Success
- Bridging the Gap: Startups Exploring Diversity in Genetics and Biotechnology Research
- Revolutionising Agriculture with AI-Powered Greenhouses
- London’s Programmatic Advertising Pioneers: How AI is Transforming Ad Buying and Targeting
- Importance of Avoiding Passive Manifestation in Organisational Culture